GAP Assessments and Readiness Assessments
For clients who are considering an upgrade to federal (CFIA / SFCR) licensing, or contemplating GFSI (BRC or SQF) certification or certification to some other third party standard, Mallot Creek conducts in depth audit preparation, including: on-site readiness assessments, and GAP assessments / Pre-assessments versus the applicable regulations or chosen code.
What does each GAP / Readiness assessment visit include?
During each on site visit, our team will review the following aspects of your operation:
- Existing written food safety program / documentation review
- Operational process and employee observations
- Site / structure review
- Provision of reports with clear and executable recommendations to assist your facility in achieving its desired license or certification status (pass government inspections or initial certification audits).
- Estimation of the costs that could be associated with mandatory upgrades or structural changes to your facility.
Mallot Creek’s food safety team will visit your facility to perform an in depth review to ensure all that all requirements for your existing regulatory, HACCP, GFSI (BRC, SQF), or third party food safety programs are being met. These visits are used to identify and correct gaps or weaknesses in food safety programs, allowing food manufacturers to be audit-ready at all times.
What does each audit preparation visit include?
During each on site visit, our team will review the following aspects of your regulatory, HACCP, GFSI (BRC, SQF), or third party food safety programs:
- Existing written food safety program / documentation review versus your specific requirements.
- Operational process and employee observations versus your particular requirements.
- Site / structure review versus your particular requirements.
- Provision of reports with clear and executable recommendations to assist your facility in being ready for government audits or certification audits.
HACCP reassessments and internal audits must be performed on an annual basis and typically according to a segmented annual schedule. Hiring an independent third party is good practice to ensure an unbiased focused assessment.
To help ensure that your programs are always up to date and in compliance with requirements, we offer on-going reassessment and/or internal audit services. Our HACCP certified and Internal Audit certified experts will work with you to set up appropriate annual schedules and to perform written program, on-site reviews, and to complete required record keeping. Mallot Creek’s maintenance services can also include the updating of your programs to keep current with regulatory and GFSI code requirements or with your current products and processes. This service also allows our smaller clients to dedicate more of their resources to production, requiring less staff to focus on food safety concerns.
Key aspects of a reassessment or internal audit
Mallot Creek reviews the following key aspects during each reassessment or internal audit:
- Selected standard operating procedures / GMPs
- HACCP plan(s) if required during that session
- On-site observations to confirm the accuracy and implementation of these procedures and materials