Food Safety Services
All food manufacturers and processors, retailers, and food service companies in Canada are audited on an ongoing basis. Our Food Safety program assessment, development, and maintenance services help to validate that your facility is meeting regulatory and/or food safety management system program requirements. Extensive knowledge of HACCP, GFSI (BRC, SQF, etc) and Third Party programs ensure our Food Safety experts can create or help improve your written programs, and ensure your facility is ready each time an audit takes place.
Food Safety Program Maintenance
Mallot Creek can help maintain your existing HACCP (FSEP, PCP), GFSI (BRC, SQF, FSSC22000, IFSPacSecure, etc) or Third Party (Organic, Gluten Free, Halal/Kosher, etc.) program. Our bi-Weekly or monthly site visits to perform internal audits / reassessments / reviews allow our clients to be audit-ready at all times, and can eliminate the need for a dedicated program maintenance staff member.
- Pre-assessment of adherence to Food Safety and Quality programs and protocols and assess current level of operational control (GAP Assessments)
- Scheduled facility visits to perform Food Safety program related tasks and program operation & maintenance
- On-going completion of any required updates to the written program due to regulatory or facility process changes
- On-site training of management team and production employees on your Food Safety program requirements
- As-needed assistance to deal with recalls, CARs, NCFs
- Liaison between CFIA, GFSI auditors and certification bodies, accredited laboratories and customers
- Audit preparation and attendance
Program readiness assessment
Clients who are considering an upgrade to federal (CFIA / SFCR) licensing, or the implementation of a voluntary food safety management system such as BRC or SQF, will benefit from a full food safety ‘readiness’ assessment. Our reports include clear and executable recommendations to assist your facility in achieving it’s desired license or certification status. Readiness assessments also help leaders determine the costs that will be associated with mandatory upgrades or changes to their facilities.
- Existing written program / documentation review
- Operational process and employee observations
- Site / structure review
HACCP and GFSI Program Development
Mallot Creek provides full food safety program development including: Program written design, implementation, employee training, and certification assistance. Our academically qualified specialists have extensive experience designing customized and streamlined programs to address your unique operational requirements.
- Creation of comprehensive, compliant programs that are operationally executable
- Customized employee training assistance including templates and other instructional materials – Helps systematically implement each program task and ensure solid learning
- Facility and program preparation for GFSI (BRC, SQF, IFSPacSecure, FSSC22000, etc.), or Third Party (General GMP or HACCP, Gluten Free, Kosher/Halal, Organic, GMO Free, etc.) Certification
- On-site presence during audits to support your team and follow up work to ensure recommended adjustments are completed
- Follow up regarding certification priorities
SFCR PCP Program Development and Licensing Assistance
In order to assist food manufacturers and processors falling under the scope of the SFCR, Mallot Creek provides full preventative control plan (PCP) development and implementation including: Program written design, implementation, employee training, and licensing assistance.
- Comprehensive, compliant food safety programs that are operationally executable and meet regulatory (SFCR) requirements for your unique needs.
- Employee training information including templates and other instructional materials
- Audit attendance and/or follow up assistance
Regulatory Compliance Management
Mallot Creek’s on-demand regulatory compliance service allows facilities to make necessary food safety changes quickly and effectively. Regulatory Compliance Management is ideal for food industry clients who require the occasional assistance due to:
- Initial compliance requirements (food safety program and document development and implementation)
- Regulatory changes and updates
- Preparation for an audit (CFIA / OMAFRA / Food Premises – Health Unit)
- Training of new employees
- Processing changes that affect regulatory compliance
- Recalls, CAR, NCR and audit report resolution
- Mallot Creek’s Food expertise includes academically qualified specialists who have extensive industrial and in-plant operational experience
- Our experts are familiar with all regulatory and program requirements and keep abreast of updates on an ongoing basis to allow for cost effective and efficient recommendations regarding compliance
- Experienced in customized and streamlined program design to address your unique operational requirements
- Our customized employee training assistance helps systematically implement each program task and to ensure solid learning
- Mallot Creek has employees who are SQFI Certified consultants, and are ready to help your site achieve SQF food safety or quality certification
- Our on-site presence during licensing and certification supports your current team. Follow up work helps to ensure recommended adjustments are completed
- Experts from our Engineering, Process Improvement, and Business Strategy departments can help ensure your facility is running as smoothly and efficiently as possible